Food Concessions Positions
(* denotes a required field)
* Type of Employment Desired
Schedule of Availability
Work Experience -- Describe your three most recent jobs.
* References (all fields are required)
After submitting this portion of the application a Food Service Applicant Test will appear. You must complete this test for your application to be submitted.
Food Service Application Test
Please note that your application has not been submitted yet. You must complete the following and submit.
Thank you for your interest in a food service position with John Ball Zoo. The position that you are applying for requires that you preform a variety of tasks including: Accept payment form guests in various forms, operate cash registers, five correct change, take orders and fill them in a timely manner with accuracy, and wait on all guests with courtesy and respect. Please answer the following questions to the best of your ability. DO not consult with anyone else who may be taking the test also. No cell phones or calculators are allowed
1. Please total the following guests' orders.
2. Please tell me the change for each of the guests totals above if they paid with a $20.00 bill.
3. What would you do if a guest says that you gave them the wrong change on an order even though you are positive you gave them accurate change?
4. What would you do if you think a guest has stolen something from your food stand and there is no supervisor or manager around at the moment to ask?
5. What would you do if you see a fellow employee take something from one of the food stands without paying and there is no manager or supervisor around to ask at the time?
6. What would you do if a guest comes to you and says they are not satisfied with the quality of a food item they were served and you are working alone at the stand?
7. John Ball Zoo food service department has very strict guidelines regarding uniform and grooming standards. Do you see any reason you would not be able to follow the uniform and grooming policy items below?
- a. Khaki pants or shorts
- c. Closed toe and heel tennis shoe
- e. Nametag
- g. No fake nails or nail polish
- i. Remove facial or tongue piercing
- k. No sunglasses
- b. Uniform shirt
- d. Neutral colored belt
- f. Uniform hat
- h. Pull hair back
- j. Wear only 1 ring and 1 watch
- l. Carry no personal items
8. We do not allow our employees to carry their cell phones on them for the duration of their entire shift. Do you feel you could follow this rule while at work?
9. Is there anything we should know that could prohibit you from performing any of the job duties described below? If so please explain.
- a. Able to stand up to 9 hours per shift
- b. Able to lift up to 30 pounds at a time
- c. Accurately operate cash registers
- d. Preform simple math in your head
- e. Fill orders in a timely and accurate manner
- f. Handle various forms of money
- g. Help maintain good food quality
- h. Schedule flexibility
10. What do you think we should know about you that would set you apart from other people applying for these positions?
Thank you for taking our test. We will be reviewing all of the tests and applications in the next few days. We will then contact people who meet our interview requirements to set up a time to meet.
Upon submission of application materials, I affirm that all of the information contained in this application is true and complete. I understand that any falsification, misrepresentation or omission may result in refusal of employment, withdrawal of an offer of employment, or immediate dismissal from employment.
Thank you for your interest in working with us at the John Ball Zoo.