Visitor Services Employment Opportunities
Come spend your summer on the WILD side of town!
John Ball Zoo offers many opportunities in the area of visitor services. All positions require flexibility and a positive attitude. Great hours and fun work environment. Temporary assignment from Mid-April through September. Full and part-time positions available. You may apply online.
Printable (pdf) version of description - click
Are you interested in pursuing a unique and exciting opportunity to develop important professional relationships and friendships, while gaining valuable experience for your future?
As a Guest Experience Facilitator, you will make a difference in our guests’ total experience. Guest Experience Facilitators serve by working as part of a team at different zoo venues. The ideal candidate will be positive, friendly, and reliable. Each team member must enjoy working with people and must care about the well- being of our guests. All team members act as role models for outstanding customer service standards, both within the department and within the zoo.
2013 Experience Venues include: The Funicular (hillside tram), Ropes Course, Zip Line, Camel Rides, Sting Ray Touch and Feed Tank and Mini Parakeet Feeding Aviary.
To be considered for the Experience Facilitator position you must submit an application and resume by 4:00PM on Sunday, March 24, 2013. Please submit required documents by filling out the online application and attaching your resume. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
1. Engage each guest and make a great first impression
2. Be a team player and remain accountable to your fellow employees
3. Deliver great customer service and ensure customer safety
4. Practice accurate and accountable cashiering
5. Make it a personal policy that no guest is left with an unanswered concern
6. Challenge yourself to be the solution on a daily basis
1. Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
2. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
3. Must be able to multi-task in a fast- paced environment
4. Must be able to comfortably work in an outdoor setting
5. Must be comfortable working in higher elevation areas
6. Must have weekend availability
7. Must have open availability or be able to work around scheduled shifts
Regular Season Starting Date of position: April 29, 2013
End Date of position: September 15, 2013
(JBZ will accommodate the overlap in the fall school semester).
Salary / Wage: $8.00 per hour
Location: John Ball Zoo, Grand Rapids, MI
John Ball Zoo Society
1300 W Fulton
Telephone: (616) 647-7842