Visitor Services Employment Opportunities
Come spend your summer on the WILD side of town!
John Ball Zoo offers many opportunities in the area of visitor services.
All positions require flexibility and a positive attitude. Great hours and
fun work environment. Work begins as early as March. Full and part-time
positions available. You may apply for any of the following positions online
or apply at the Monkey Island Cafe between 10AM and 4PM.
Food Concessions Staff
Printable (pdf) version of description - click here.
Provide friendly and upbeat customer service in the food concession venues throughout the zoo.
- Be responsible for your cash drawer and all daily transactions.
- Provide friendly and efficient service to all visitors.
- Prepare quality food at all times.
- Uphold all safety and food sanitation procedures
- Ensure guest satisfaction at all times.
- Perform various cleaning and stocking as needed in kitchens
This position is seasonal and pays $7.40/hour
Positions begin in April and continue through September
Summer hours are between 9am and 7pm
Hours are flexible and can depend on weather and visitor participation
Must be at least 16 years old by May 1, 2013.
Positive and friendly attitude
Excellent Customer Service Skills
Strong math skills
Flexible to hour changes and open to doing various tasks
Must be able to conform to Food Code uniform policy
Please call Jodi Franks or Lori Hobbs at (616) 336-4326 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.