Rental Facilities Attendant / Trolley Driver
Deadline for resume and cover letter: open
Starting Date of position: May 01, 2013
End Date of position: October 31, 2013
Salary / Wage: $12.00 per hour
Hours: 24-35 hours per week
Location: John Ball Zoo
Printable version of job description (pdf)
To be considered for the Trolley Driver / Rental Facilities Attendant position you must possess a current CDL with a passenger endorsement and pass a full background check.
Please submit your resume and cover letter via email as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail them to the address below attention Eric Teachout.
Rental Facilities Attendant
John Ball Zoological Society
PO Box 2506, Grand Rapids, MI 49501-2506 (mailing address)
1300 W. Fulton NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49504 (physical address)
Contact Person: Eric Teachout, Director of Zoo Rentals and Events
Telephone: (616) 336-4375
Contact by: Phone, Mail or E-mail correspondence
Service: To maintain outstanding customer service in all aspects of your position.
Programs: To ensure consistent and timely facilitation of all rentals and events.
Environment: To create and maintain an exciting and positive work environment for fellow employees and Zoo guests.
- Drive John Ball Zoo Trolley in a safe and professional manner at all times.
- Operate the John Ball Zoo Funicular in a safe and professional manner at all times.
- Maintain the cleanliness of all rental spaces on a daily, bi-weekly, monthly, basis.
- Should be familiar with and able to implement all protocols involving the Zoo’s emergency procedures including lost children, fire, severe weather, etc.
- Facilitate all Rentals including Bissell Tree House, Ball Room, and After Hours Zoo Rentals.
- Assist in the facilitation of all Special Events.
- Maintain a high level of communication with all departments of the Zoo to provide the best visitor experience possible.
- Maintain high standards of professionalism while representing the Zoo.
- Continue to strive for a greater understanding of the Zoo and all its operations as they pertain to the RFA position.
- Other misc. tasks as directed by the Director of Events and the Facilities Coordinator.
- Must possess a CDL with a passenger endorsement and pass a full background check.
- Prefer a minimum of one year driving experience with a passenger endorsement.
- Must be available to work weekends, holidays, evenings, and all assigned shifts (some may be until 2am).
- Must be willing to complete other miscellaneous tasks as assigned.
- Must be in full compliance with all employee handbook policies and operating procedures.
Weekend work and some late evenings (until 2 am) are required. Flexible schedules is a must. Most hours scheduled during a typical 2nd shift late afternoons to evenings. Please submit resume, and cover letter as soon as possible. Please contact us with any questions you may have.